Our aim is to provide a quality service to our clients with the goal of continuous improvement.
Complaints and feedback about our services, policies or practices can be emailed to
It is important that you provide as much detail as possible about your complaint. It may help us to respond to your complaint if you tell us what outcome you are seeking from your complaint.
If you have not made a complaint to a public sector agency before, guidelines and information sheets available on the website of the Western Australian Ombudsman may help you to make your complaint to us.
Complaints about the conduct of our staff and contractors
Complaints about the conduct of our staff and contractors are taken seriously by the department.
Written complaints about DES staff and contractors should be sent to
Other complaint handling functions
Please refer to the following sections of our website or associated sites for details about making a complaint about:
Making a Public Interest Disclosure (PID)
The department is committed to the aims and objectives of the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2003.
We recognise the value and importance of contributions of members of public and staff to the improvement of administrative and management practices, and strongly support disclosures being made by members of the public or staff as to corrupt or other improper conduct.
You can find out more by clicking the links below:
Making a Public Disclosure
Public Interest Disclosure form
The department's PID officers are:
Mr David Lloyd, Executive Director, Corporate Governance and Non-Government School Funding, DES Telephone: +61 8 9441 1900
Mr Richard Miles, Director, Teacher Registration, DES, Telephone: + 61 8 9441 1900.
You can also visit the website of the Public Sector Commissioner if you would like further information about making a PID.
Freedom of Information (FOI)
Details about FOI at the department can be found in ourInformation Statement.
Freedom of Information Act 1992 you have a right to apply for:
- documents held by the department
- personal information about you contained in department documents
- the amendment of your own personal information that you consider to be inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or misleading.
The following bodies are regarded as part of the department for the purposes of FOI:
- Aboriginal Education and Training Council
- Non-Government Schools Planning Advisory Committee
- Rural and Remote Education Advisory Council
- Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia
- Training Accreditation Council
- Western Australian Higher Education Council.
FOI applications must:
- be submitted in writing
- provide enough information so that the documents requested can be identified
- give an Australian address to which notices can be sent
- be lodged at the department with any application fee payable.
Applications and enquires should be addressed to the department's FOI Coordinator, Mr John Blahusiak, Manager, FOI and Strategic Complaint Operations, Telephone: +61 8 9441 1900.
Further information about FOI is available from the website of the
Office of the Information Commissioner.
12/08/2016 3:36 PM